Much like the Shipping Policy, the goal is simplicity. Okay, well more aptly stated, honesty and simplicity. I do not want to make the return or refund processes more difficult than they need to be. I am not trying to deter you from feeling empowered to utilize these services. In fact, I hope that you never have a need for these services due to receiving wonderful service and great products. However, I understand that sometimes things in life just don’t go the way that we hope and we may need to seek out alternatives. These policies are in place for exactly those moments or for any time that the goods you receive somehow aren’t what was expected. Please read on to find out more information on these policies and if you have a question that is not answered below, contact me at: customerservice[at]thedrumreaper[dot]com.
- Should it so happen that your order arrives in a damaged condition – please contact me as soon as you can! I would never want you to have to feel obligated to accept damaged goods. I mean, unless you ordered it that way on purpose and then your wish is my command! But seriously, it is your responsibility to inform me if the items you order are damaged in transit since I know that they will leave my care in very nice condition. Please email me at: customerservice[at]thedrumreaper[dot]com
- If your items do happen to get damaged in transit, please take some photos of the condition of the damaged items and email them to me (along with a picture or two of the condition on the shipment’s packaging if possible). Please also include a description of the damage to the best of your ability. After the images are examined and the damage description is scrutinized, an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number will be sent to you if it is decided that the item(s) will be accepted as a return.
- PLEASE NOTE that even if an RMA number is generated and you are authorized to return the merchandise, if the items in question do not happen to match the previously sent pictures and description – it is possible that the refund for the returned items will be denied. Hence the honesty statement at the top of this section.
- All items, I repeat, ALL ITEMS, that are to be returned for a refund MUST be returned in the original packaging from the manufacturer.
- Refunds will be made available as either a store credit for the purchase amount of the returned items or as a refund to the payment card that you used.
- If your order is the unfortunate bearer of a manufacturer’s defect, it is absolutely eligible for a full refund. The defect will need to be verified before the purchase price is refunded though.
- All items that are returned for a refund MUST make it back to us within 30 days after delivery. If there is the potential for the returned items not to make it back to the shop within the 30 day window, please contact me and we’ll figure out what can be done to accommodate the situation.
- Any item that is not returned within 30 days.
- Any clearance priced items.
- Consumable items (i.e. drumsticks, drumheads, snare wire cable/strap, etc.). If you have a question as to whether or not the item you wish to purchase will be eligible for a return – just ask. I’d love to hear from you and I’m always willing to offer help anytime that I can.
- Custom built items (i.e. custom drums, custom bass drum heads, custom built lugs, etc.). The reasoning is simple – I built it especially for you. These items take a lot of extra time to make sure that they are exactly what you requested and that they are held to my extremely high standards of excellence. Custom created items also may not work for everyone since they are not a standard item and that limits the possibility of resale. For example, a custom bass drum head with your name or band’s logo on it would not be appropriate for anyone but you. Now then, don’t take this to mean that if something is wrong or incorrect with your custom item that you are left powerless. Please contact me directly if there is an issue and I will do everything I can to make it right.
- Abused items. The old saying goes something like this: “You break it. You buy it.”. This is not meant in a derogatory fashion – simply that if the item fails due to misuse, I can not accept it as a return or offer a refund for the item.